Sunday, May 26, 2013

Get in the game

"If you give it to God, He transforms your test into a testimony, your mess into a message, and your misery into a ministry"-Rick Warren
I love that quote for so many different reasons, but mostly because it's so true. Far too often I watch people hold onto to their junk. Whether it's something that was done to them in the past and they won't let it go, or an addiction they can't break, or if they had done something in the past that they can't quite forgive themselves for...it all looks the same. They are sitting on the bench. I think about it in terms of sports. I played sports growing up and I was always a starter and I hated even going to the bench for a much needed break. I just wanted to play the game. Healing is much the same way. When we heal, we get to do the Lord's work. When we refuse to allow God to heal us, we have to sit on the bench. Now I know it takes a lot of work. Trust me, I have been there. But I can assure you of this truth, it's worth it. Yes, it's painful at times. Yes, it's tiring. But I look at it like going to the gym. I don't wake up in the morning and think oh my goodness, I can't wait to go kick my own butt today in the gym. But I go...why? Because it's good for me. And when the workout is over I like the results. It feels good. And giving our burdens to the Lord is the same thing. When we release ourselves to allow God to heal us, it feels good.
I know that there are some of you out there saying but you don't know what they did to me. I may not have walked in your shoes, but I have seen my fair share and I can tell you this, I am much better for giving it to the Lord than carrying it on my own. It was exhausting. And I know you are tired too. God wants to transform your life into a living breathing instrument that He can use to help others a long the way. So, get up off the bench...give whatever it is that you are holding on to to the Lord, and come join God on His mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment