Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I know God has a sense of humor.  Looking at my life, I know He has a sense of humor.  My life has become everything that I mocked.  It's become everything that I said I would never want or want to become.  I mean, a stay at home mom...I mean, just get a job.  That's what I thought.  My perception of stay at home moms were that they were lazy and just didn't want to work.  Now, a mother of 4 with my oldest being 3 1/2, I can attest that I have never worked so hard in my life.  Then there is the pastor's wife thing.  I mean, the fact that I even believe in God is a miracle, but then to marry someone who would go on to pastor.  I don't fit the um...traditional pastors wife role.  They are agh, impossibly too nice, too kind, too...submissive.  That will never be me.  Oh, never say never. 
I have become everything that I made fun of.  I have become what I said I would never want, yet, I am living a life that I am proud of.  Not to be too Rick Warren esk...but a life of purpose.  My life is exhausting, physically and emotionally.  I often feel like my day is over before it began.  Yet, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am right where I want to be and right where I am suppose to be.
This blog is to journey my daily life as a wife, a mother, and a Christ follower.  We enjoy a lot of ups and downs.  A lot of victories with a lot of defeats.  A lot of laughter and many tears.  The ride is wild and it's crazy at times, but it's all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment